Ten Book To Movie/TV Adaptations I Really Want To See

2 June 2015

WHAT IS TOP TEN TUESDAY? (CLICK HERE) 

This week's topic is book to movie/tv adaptations we want to see. There are some book adaptations that work and some that don't. I'm always a little wary about watching a movie based on a book I adore, but when I started thinking about it, there have been an absolute ton that I've enjoyed over the last couple of years: The Hunger Games and both of its current sequels; The 100; Divergent; City Of Bones; Breaking Dawn, Pt. 2 (the only Twilight movie I did enjoy); and many more besides. I think it's time to throw caution to the wind and wish for some awesome movie/TV adaptations.


1. DELIRIUM BY LAUREN OLIVER

I absolutely love this trilogy and I honestly believe it would make a fantastic movie series. However, this series actually was going to become a TV show and had a pilot and everything, but it was never aired due to rejection from Fox. Anyway, I think these books would work much better as a movie series, so fingers crossed for the future!

2. SOUL SCREAMERS BY RACHEL VINCENT

Being a 7 book series, I definitely think Soul Screamers would make an absolutely fantastic YA show. I haven't heard any news about TV/movie rights, however, so I'm not holding my breath for anything in the near future.

3. BLOOD OF EDEN BY JULIE KAGAWA

Despite this only being a short series, I think these books would work well as either a TV show or a movie series. It's a pretty dark and gritty story with plenty of action that would transfer well to the screen. The Blood Of Eden wiki page mentions that Palomar Pictures has acquired the rights to a movie of the first book, but I have no idea when that was updated, nor can I find any other information regarding this claim. Here's hoping something pops up soon, though!

4. DAUGHTER OF SMOKE & BONE BY LAINI TAYLOR

I would absolutely love to see this beautiful world that Taylor has created on the big screen, and Wikipedia does state that Universal Pictures has acquired the rights to the first book with Stuart Beattie tasked with the writing. This was announced in 2013, but I can't seem to find any other information. Hopefully this is actual fact.

5. THE MORGANVILLE VAMPIRES BY RACHEL CAINE

TV shows that have more than 5 or 6 seasons can, admittedly, get a little dull after a while, but I think this monster 15 book series would make for a fantastic TV adaptation. Rachel Caine has a knack of incorporating new plotlines whilst also keeping up with old ones from time to time. Wikipedia has some information regarding adaptations, including a statement that talks about an announcement on the author's website in which the rights had been sold to the people behind Red Dwarf. Is this fact or fiction? Also, Youtube's Geek & Sundry have created a web series, but I've heard terrible things about it and can't bring myself to check it out. I'm waiting for an actual TV show on this one.




6. HOUSE OF NIGHT BY P.C. & KRISTIN CAST

This is another longer series that would make for a fantastic YA show. With such a unique spin on vampires, it would really bring something new to TV. Again, Wikipedia has some information, but nothing I can find that's set in stone, nor anything I particularly want to see. According to them, it was announced in 2011 that Davis Films had acquired the movie rights, and P.C. Cast had confirmed for five movies. Apparently the first of them is to be released this year, though there is no information anywhere else that validates this claim.

7. HEX HALL BY RACHEL HAWKINS

While it's true that this series could be seen as riding off the back of Harry Potter's success in a lot of ways, I will admit that I absolutely love the Hex Hall trilogy and would love to see them as movies. Unfortunately, I can't find any information on this one, so it could be a pipe dream.

8. HUSH, HUSH BY BECCA FITZPATRICK

I absolutely love this series and can quite possibly place it comfortably in my top five favourite series' of all time. I think these books would make absolutely fantastic movies but, unfortunately, author Becca Fitzpatrick stated in July of 2014 that she hadn't renewed the movie option with LD Entertainment as she felt now is not the right time to be moving forward with the movie. Hopefully it will happen in the future, though. I have to say that the casting will definitely make or break this movie series for me, however.

9. UGLIES BY SCOTT WESTERFELD

With so few truly amazing dystopian adaptations out there, I honestly think the Uglies quartet would make for a fantastic movie series. Unfortunately, work seems to have stopped on the movie, as the last mention of a movie adaptation was on Wikipeda, claiming that work would begin in July 2013. Shouldn't we have heard something by now? I don't think this one is happening, folks. One cancellation is bad, but two? I really would love to see them, however.

10. RAZORLAND BY ANN AGUIRRE

Despite having not read the last book in this trilogy, I do think they would make fantastic movies. There's something really creepy about this books that would transfer to the screen really well with all the amazing CGI work they can do these days, and though there's absolutely no mention of movie rights on the internet (at least that I can find), I'm holding out hope.So what books made it onto your list this week? Leave me the link to your post/video and I'll be sure to check it out. For now, happy reading!

So there you have ten series' that I want to see with movie/TV adaptations! What made it onto your list? Leave me the link to your post/video and I'll be sure to check it out. For now, happy reading!