Ten Of My Most Anticipated Releases From June To December 2015

9 June 2015

WHAT IS TOP TEN TUESDAY? (CLICK HERE)

This week's topic is our most anticipated releases for the rest of the year. I don't really pay much attention to new releases, as I generally only read them after they've been out a while and there are plenty of people selling their used copies off for cheap. However, I've been scouring the internet in search of books being released in the next 6 months, and I finally managed to come up with 10 that sound pretty intriguing.



1. THE STARS NEVER RISE BY RACHEL VINCENT

Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers was one of the best YA series' I've ever read. Her Shifters series was one of the best adult series' I've ever read. You see where I'm going with this? Vincent is an absolutely fantastic author, and this book sounds kind of dark and interesting.

2. MINDWALKER BY A.J. STEIGER

I was initially drawn to this book because I find the cover kind of strange - I'm still not sure whether I like it or not. Anyway, this novel is about people who can use a direct neutral link to your mind to erase past traumatic memories and such. I've never heard a concept like this, so I'm excited to see what Steiger does.

3. THE LEVELLER BY JULIA DURANGO

Confession: Virtual Reality scares me, but I don't know why. Nevertheless, this novel sounds like a pretty interesting read. I mean, the main character is a bounty hunter. Like Boba Fett. Okay, maybe not exactly like Boba Fett, but you know what I mean. I have a feeling this book is going to be filled with excitement and mystery, and I can't wait to see what happens. 

4. DREAMLAND BY ROBERT L. ANDERSON

Traveling through dreams sounds like a pretty interesting experience and it's so rare for the main character's parents to know anything about the supernatural. The fact that Dea's mother not only knows but actually helps her control her abilities means that there's something dark lurking between the pages. I can't wait to find out what it is.

5. ASH & BRAMBLE BY SARAH PRINEAS

I've read a Cinderella retelling before in the way of Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I absolutely loved the steampunk aspects of Cinder, but I'm definitely eager to explore more retellings. This sounds like a pretty different version of Cinderella than we're all used to, but I have a feeling it's going to be a good one.



6. BETWEEN THE NOTES BY SHARON HUSS ROAT 

I absolutely love books about a girl or guy from "the wrong side of the tracks" but I'm not sure I've actually read a novel about a girl or guy who actually moves to that area of their neighborhood. This book sounds like a great addition to the genre, and I can't wait to see how the author manages to define her novel.

7. INK & BONE BY RACHEL CAINE 

Okay, a book about books? Yes please. I absolutely love Rachel Caine. Her Morganville Vampires series is one of my all time favourites, and I can't wait to explore her new world. The premise for this novel sounds intriguing and I can't wait to discover more.

8. PAPERWEIGHT BY MEG HASTON 

I've read a few issue books in my time, though I can honestly say that I've never actually read one about eating disorders. The only thing that I ask of this book is for it to be realistic. If the author doesn't manage to make her character's depression feel real, I won't be finishing the book. I guess only time will tell.

9. THE FIXER BY JENNIFER LYNN BARNES 

Though I didn't particularly like Jennifer Lynn Barnes's Raised By Wolves series, I've heard some awesome things about her other works. Given that this is a realistic fiction novel, I have high hopes that I will enjoy it more than her paranormal series.

10. REBEL MECHANICS BY SHANNA SWENDSON 

I need to read more steampunk novels and this one sounds kind of intriguing. I like rebels, and I like spies, so I'm hoping this book doesn't let me down. I mean, it has magic in it, so it can't be all bad, right?

Anyway, that's all for this week, folks! What books made it onto your list this week? Leave me the link to your post/video and I'll be sure to check it out.

No comments

Post a Comment