Ten Authors I Would Love To Meet

12 May 2015

WHAT IS TOP TEN TUESDAY? (CLICK HERE) 

This week's topic is authors we really want to meet. In all honesty, I'm one of these people who believes firmly that you should never meet your hero, so while there are a ton of authors I would love to meet, I highly doubt I will ever go out of my way to make it happen. I'm not going to give a reason behind these choices, due simply to the fact that I just think they're amazing authors, but I will share my favourite book/series by each author.



J.K. ROWLING.
Without a doubt, my favourite series from this author (and in general, if I'm honest) is Harry Potter, of course. I grew up with this series and have read the entire series more times than I can count. I will definitely grow old with these books. Despite loving this author, however, I haven't yet read anything else by her. I do own a copy of The Casual Vacancy, but I'm a little wary of it, for multiple reasons.

CASSANDRA CLARE.
This author is trying to squeeze absolutely everything that she can out of the world she's created, and I admire her for that. I absolutely love The Mortal Instruments, but the The Infernal Devices is a very close second. I can't wait to see what she does next.

BECCA FITZPATRICK.
The Hush, Hush series is one that I have read multiple times and will continue to read for a long while to come. I haven't yet read anything else by this author, though Black Ice has been on my wishlist for a very long time.

RICHELLE MEAD.
Vampire Academy was the first vampire series that I read that featured a completely unique set of supernatural creatures. The mythology that Richelle Mead incorporates into her story is fascinating, and I adore her original twists. Though I read Vampire Academy first, I must admit that Bloodlines is my favourite series by this author. I haven't yet finished it (in fact, I've only read the first three books), but I love Adrian Ivashkov enough to say with complete certainty that nothing in this series could disappoint me.

JOHN GREEN.
John Green possesses an ability that not alot of other authors can accomplish easily: the ability to make me cry. The Fault In Our Stars was absolutely heartbreaking, and Looking For Alaska wasn't much easier to handle. I cannot believe the power behind this authors writing, and I look forward to experiencing everything he has to offer. Nevertheless, it's going to be hard to knock The Fault In Our Stars off my top spot.



RACHEL VINCENT.
This author has the power to create characters so realistic that they're almost tangible. I adore her YA urban fantasy series, Soul Screamers, though I can safely say that I prefer her adult urban fantasy series, Shifters. Neither banshees nor werecats are things I experience in YA very often (read never) so it's a nice change of pace from the vampires and werewolves (I just like the fact that they're cats, in all honesty).

P.C. CAST.
I was first introduced to this author via her Goddess Of Partholon series, which I wasn't a terribly huge fan of, in all honesty. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but there are better series' out there, for sure. Nevertheless, this author redeemed herself hugely in my eyes with her House Of Night series, co-written with her daughter, Kristin Cast. I absolutely love the spin on the vampires in this series, and despite having not yet finished it, I can safely say it's a favourite of mine.

LAUREN OLIVER.
Delirium is a hard novel to beat when it comes to YA dystopia, and it's definitely my favourite series by this author, despite loving Before I Fall with every ounce of my being. I recently read Panic, however, and I wasn't as impressed as I expected - don't get me wrong, I'll definitely read it again one day, but the first time through, I thought it could have used a little more work. I was in a bit of a slump at the time, though, so I'll definitely read it again with a clear head.

RACHEL CAINE.
Series' with more than four or five books are usually more than enough for me, but Rachel Caine's whopping fifteen book series, The Morganville Vampires, completely blew me out of the water. I couldn't get enough of these books and I'm extremely excited to re-read the first fourteen books so I can finally read the last novel. These books are so easy to read that I honestly can't wait to dive in again. Despite having not read anything else written by this author, I will get around to it one day. She's one of my favourites, for sure.

GEORGE R.R. MARTIN.
Okay, confession: I haven't yet read the Song Of Ice & Fire series. I do own the boxset, but I'm so intimidated by these novels (despite adoring the show) that I can't bring myself to pick up the first just yet. One day, for sure. Despite all that, however, I still really want to meet this author. I want to ask him why he feels the need to kill off all his characters, and I also want to know if there are any that he regrets killing. I would love to interview this guy, but his writing definitely intimidates me.

So what authors made it onto your list this week? Leave me the link to your post/video and I'll be sure to check it out. For now, happy reading!