Ten Books On My Summer Wishlist

26 May 2015

WHAT IS TOP TEN TUESDAY? (CLICK HERE) 

This week's topic is books we want to read this summer. Summer is the season for cute contemporary novels and since I haven't actually read a whole bunch, I decided to feature books that I want to read this summer, rather than focus on recommendations. I'm not particularly far into my contemporary challenge of the year so hopefully writing this list will inspire me to stock up on novels to enjoy in the sun.




1. THE SUMMER I TURNED PRETTY BY JENNY HAN

I've heard absolutely amazing things about Jenny Han and her Summer trilogy, and since this book was published way back in 2009, there's absolutely no excuse for me to have not read it yet. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy... with a 4.0 average over 74.5k ratings, the author's definitely done something right.

2. TWENTY BOY SUMMER BY SARAH OCKLER

Sarah Ockler is another author whom I've heard nothing but good things about and this novel is the one that catches my eye when I browse through her books. Twenty Boy Summer sounds like an easy read that's laced with a little tragedy to really make you sympathize with the main character and at less than 300 pages, it's definitely going to be a quick read.

3. TWO-WAY STREET BY LAUREN BARNHOLDT

I remember this book being released in the summer of 2013 and for weeks all I seemed to come across was stellar reviews of this book. I absolutely love roadtrip romance books, but this one sounds a little more tragic than the others I've read which may make or break this book for me.

4. TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE BY JENNY HAN

Yes, author Jenny Han made it onto this list twice but only because I've heard absolutely nothing but good things about this particular novel. Despite it being over a year old now, there are still fantastic reviews being posted everywhere I go. This novel sounds like a funny, cute read and I can't wait to see what all the fuss is about.

5. LOLA & THE BOY NEXT DOOR BY STEPHANIE PERKINS

I recently read Anna & The French Kiss for the first time and despite not loving it as much as I expected, I've been urged to carry on reading the companion novels. Apparently they get so much better, so I'm not going to shy away from this one. Plus, the covers are gorgeous and will look wonderful on my shelf.



6. SUCH A RUSH BY JENNIFER ECHOLS

I'd just started my blog when this book was released in the summer of 2012 and despite seeing all the hype surrounding it, I never actually grabbed a copy for myself... and I don't know why. This sounds like my kind of read and I can't wait to finally read it.

7. THE SUMMER I BECAME A NERD BY LEAH RAE MILLER

I was actually browsing Goodreads Listopia lists looking for summer reads when I came across this novel and I can't believe I haven't heard of it before. It was the title rather than the cover that grabbed my attention initially, but when I read the synopsis I knew I had to have it. Rocking it at only 250 pages, this sounds like a really fun, cute contemporary that I'm going to adore.

8. MY LIFE NEXT DOOR BY HUNTLEY FITZPATRICK

This is another one of those 2012 summer releases that generated so much buzz and yet I didn't pick up a copy. I regret it every single time I see it on a blog so I've decided that I'm going to finally read it this year. It definitely sounds like a cute spin on Romeo & Juliet in a couple of ways and I can't wait to give it a shot.

9. SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE BY MORGAN MATSON

Having absolutely loved Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, as well as Second Chance Summer, I'm willing to try anything written by this author. I'm excited to see what the list consists of - I can image this being a pretty humorous novel and Matson's writing has always managed to grab me and not let me go.

10. MEANT TO BE BY LAUREN MORRILL

I will admit that the only reason I checked this book out is because of the cover. After reading the synopsis, however, I have to say that it definitely sounds like something I would enjoy. Cute, romantic, and a whole lot of fun, I can imagine that it will be a quick 300 page read.

So what books made it onto your list this week? Leave me the link to your post/video and I'll be sure to check it out. For now, happy reading!